168 Boston Hill Road
Andover, CT 06232
|Advanced software designer/developer in Java and Web technologies.|
|OBJECTIVE||I'm looking for a challenging position using my programming abilities, especially one using and further developing my Web and Java skills.|
|TARGET JOB||Target Job Title:||Software Engineer|
|Alternate Target Job Title:||Senior Systems Analyst|
|Desired Job Type:||Employee|
|Site Location:||No Preference|
|Description of my perfect job:
In the ideal programming job, developers would be able to focus on challenging technical problems, determining creative and elegant solutions using the most appropriate technologies, without needing to even *understand* office politics.
|Career Level||Mid Career (5+ years of experience)|
|Date of Availability:||From 1 to 3 months|
|TARGET COMPANY||Company Size:||No Preference|
|Description of my ideal company:
I prefer a company that focuses on performance instead of process, that rewards creativity and innovation, a company in which just getting the job done is not enough.
And I would love to work for a company whose mission includes in some way making the world a better place.
|US-CT-Hartford||US-CT-New Haven||US-CT-Southeast/New London|
|WORK STATUS||US||I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.|
|EXPERIENCE||3/1998 - Present||DST Output||South Windsor, Connecticut|
|Senior Systems Analyst|
|* Leader of a team of three building an XML-flat file conversion system. Used an XML file mappping the fields of a COBOL copybook to fields in an XML Schema, a Swing GUI to create those parts of the mapping which cannot be automatically generated or which the user wants to override, and conversion routines using this mapping to convert XML documents to and from COBOL-style flat files. Written entirely in Java using both SAX and DOM XML processing.
* Technical leader of team of six on a project to bridge two older COBOL systems using Java and XML. Used Ant and numerous standard Design Patterns. Maintained project and user documentation in HTML, coordinated the efforts of five developers and a business analyst, provided program frameworks and code samples, integrated contributors' code.
* Technical leader of team of seven for multi-system upgrade, using COBOL, Java, Visual Basic, HTML, ASP, and numerous tools.
* Built Content Management / rules gathering system using Java servlets, applets, and HTML. Used Ant and JUnit and UML tools.
* Co-designed and built Java data collection front-end to DB2 database, using Java Applets, Java Beans, servlets, JSP, JDBC, and HTML.
* Designed and wrote COBOL data handling subsystem of customer brokerage statement application as well as several Access interfaces to the system.
* Enhanced, maintained, and documented selective messaging system written in Microfocus COBOL and Microsoft Access. Created and presented training course in this product using Microsoft PowerPoint, demonstrations, and lectures.
|MA in Mathematics
Major field of study: Combinatorics
|BA in Mathematics, minor in Religion
3.5 GPA overall, 4.0 in Math
|SKILLS||Skill Name||Skill Level||Last Used||Experience|
|Java||Expert||Currently used||4 years|
|XML||Intermediate||Currently used||3 years|
|Swing||Intermediate||Currently used||4 years|
|Ant||Intermediate||Currently used||2 years|
|JUnit||Beginner||Currently used||1 years|
|COBOL||Expert||Currently used||5 years|
|Microfocus||Expert||Currently used||5 years|
|SQL||Intermediate||Currently used||3 years|
|DB2||Beginner||Currently used||2 years|
|HTML||Expert||Currently used||5 years|
|CSS||Expert||Currently used||3 years|
|JSP||Intermediate||Currently used||3 years|
|PHP||Intermediate||Currently used||2 years|
|Python||Beginner||1 year ago||1 years|
|Pascal||Intermediate||+4 years ago||2 years|
|VB / VBA||Beginner||2 years ago||3 years|
|Rexx||Intermediate||3 years ago||1 years|
|C / C++||Beginner||2 years ago||1 years|
|JCL||Beginner||Currently used||4 years|
|Paint Shop Pro||Intermediate||Currently used||4 years|